1. FAO project 2007-2008 for growing of aromatic plants like rosemary thyme etc and distillation of oil.
2. Publishing of a handy book in Tamil on Natural/Organic Farming for school children .
A simple guide to Organic Agriculture for children in Tamil by A. Alexander and J.K. Mohan, formerly Earth Trust
3. The scaling-up of facilities at Chengal Pudur a small Kurumba hamlet began in 2014. Perched at an altitude of 5500 feet, the small community is in transition from a forest based life to a routine, wage –earning existence. Earth Trust has been instrumental in bringing about many facilities, small and big. These have been mentioned in detail under 'Our Programmes, Tribal Initiatives'.
4. With financial support from The Hans Foundation Delhi, we have our second Resource Farm 'Manthada' on the main Coonoor Ooty highway. It is a centre for training workshops, demonstrations and very much a big contributor in our journey towards self-sustenance.
5. Above all, acknowledgement of the principles that inform and guide Earth Trust activities- from Global Giving field audit visit ,quote from the In-the-Field Traveler, October 2017
" The Earth Trust is bringing back ethical, sustainable practices in the field of agriculture, one farm, one farmer, and one citizen at a time ".
4. Earth Trust and Government recognition
The sustained effort and the hard work of the Earth Trust has earned the organization an unassailable name in the Government and Organic circles. The ET is regularly invited to be part of Government-held meetings, workshops and seminars to share its experience and knowledge on organic farming and display its organic products.
Parliamentary Standing Committee, National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA), Earth Trust was the only Nilgiri based NGO to be invited for the meet.
Copyright © 2018 TheEarthTrustNilgiris.